THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PublishingLife.com obtains information about you when you use our Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use all or part of our Services.
1. Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
PublishingLife.com collects information directly from you in a variety ways including:
- The account registration process and the administration of your account;
- Receiving the questions, communications, or feedback you submit to us via email or online forms;
- Your participation in research and surveys; and
- Requests you submit for customer support and technical assistance, including through online chat functions, message, and text messages.
PublishingLife.com collects the following types of information directly from you:
- Name, mailing address, telephone number and email address;
- Billing information, such as credit or debit card number, bank account and routing numbers, and identity verification information that is collected though our payment processors on our behalf;
- Log-in credentials;
- Information about purchases or other transactions with PublishingLife.com;
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us;
- User-generated content you post in public online forums on our Services; and
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with you use of the Services.
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
PublishingLife.com and our services providers (third-party companies that work on our behalf) use a variety of technologies to assist in collecting information about your use of the Services and the devices you use to access the Services.
Visitor Data. When you use our Website, we collect information that will help us understand and analyze your experience interacting with our Services. For example, we may collect information related to domain names, the type of browsers used to access the Services, operating system software, browser plug-ins, cookie preferences, search engine keywords, the pages you viewed and amount of time spent on particular pages, terms you use in you searches on our Website, and similar information.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to enable access to content that varies based on a user’s general location (e.g., to provide you with accurate sales tax information and to deliver content customized to your location).
Cookies. “Cookies” are a feature in your browser software. If enabled, we, or our service providers, may write cookies that may store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of the pages of the Website. Cookies assist us in tracking which of our features appeal the most to you and what content you may have viewed on past visits. When you visit this Website again, cookies can enable us to customize our content according to your preferences.
- keep track of the number of return visits to this Website;
- accumulate and report aggregate, statistical information on Website usage;
- deliver specific content to you based on your interests or past viewing history; and
- save your password for ease of access to the Website.
You can disable cookies, although the Website may not function properly for you. Your browser preferences can be modified to accept or reject all cookies, or request a notification when a cookie is set. You may read more about cookies at http://cookiecentral.com. In order to use all of the features and functionality of PublishingLife.com’s Website, you need to accept cookies.
Web Beacons. A web beacon, sometimes called a tracking pixels, is a programming code that can be used to display an image on a web page, but can also be used to transfer your unique user identification to a database and associate you with previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This allows PublishingLife.com and our third-party service providers to track certain websites you visit. Web beacons are used to track online behavioral habits for marketing purposes to determine products or services you may be interested in. In addition to using web beacons on web pages, we also use web beacons in email messages sent to individuals listed in PublishingLife.com’s database.
Other Online Tools. PublishingLife.com may also use a web server log or an SDK. A webserver log is a file where website activity is stored. An SDK is a set of tools and/or code that we embed in our software to allow third parties to collect information about how people interact with our Services.
As we continue to develop the Website and our Services, PublishingLife.com may implement additional methods to gather information about the PublishingLife.com community.
3. Information We Collect From Social Media and other Content Platforms
PublishingLife.com maintains a presence on a variety of social media platforms. When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or other social media platforms, we may collect some information about you. This information includes your name, email address, any comments or content you post that is relevant to PublishingLife.com. We also collect your information if you sign up for a promotion and submit information to us through one of our social media accounts.
PublishingLife.com also maintains several blogs as a part of its Services. When you comment or post content to any of our blogs, we will collect your name and email address.